With so much of the world unavailable, I’m ironically asked where I would go if I could go anywhere. The honest answer is London, and I’m doing research to find attractions that Ruth & I have not been to. We have been to this 5-star city so many times that it is almost a 2nd home, but there is still plenty that is new. When I have a list of several possibilities, I will eventually share some of the more interesting and less visited ones, but it’s getting far more difficult to plan. The internet is certainly not free and easy anymore. My 2nd choice would be Melbourne, Australia. Ruth and I are hoping that the world will open up for foreign travel in 2021, and we will be able to go Down Under. We also hope that the Canadian border will be crossable before the end of 2020 so that we can return to The Gulf Islands.
In the meantime, we have to do what is possible. We have heard that travel is still very difficult, but Ruth & I are getting ready to test that opinion. We plan to leave for Oakland where my brother currently lives just before Thanksgiving. After visiting him we will head further south along the fabulous California coast to see what is opened. We are hoping to return to and spend some time in Paso Robles, and I have a list of unseen attractions in Los Angeles. For nostalgic and practical reasons we will visit Temecula. Then we hopefully will cross into Arizona and visit Tucson and head up to Phoenix for a special sandwich and more. We have a friend who just relocated to Buckeye, and we would love to see her.
Depending on what we experience, we will more than likely head home from there and travel north through Nevada. Because we are so familiar with this state, however, and depending on circumstances and the weather, we may decide to ease into New Mexico and head north through the Four Corners area. We have not been there for a few years and have not been to a couple of National Monuments in the area. They should be opened. Then we will, weather permitting, go up through western Colorado or travel through Utah to Idaho.
If getting around is in any way possible, we will know after doing all of this. If it’s not, we will at least have knowledge to share. If the Canadian border opens before the end of the year, we hope to spend part of the Christmas holidays and Ruth’s birthday on Vancouver Island. We have done this before and are used to rain but not COVID restrictions. To be continued.